|August 07, 2014 - September 10, 2014|
|Benefits:||Company offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), and Nissan vehicle discounts for employees and immediate family members.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Creates designs, generates drawings, and selects components for new products, modifications, etc..., while maintaining quality and customer standards.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Takes new ideas or concepts and fits them into the overall design.
2. Designs or redesigns new or old products and incorporates creative and cost effective ideas in the overall machine layout.
3. Analyzes each part or system of the machine to ensure its strength, compatibility, reliability and durability.
4. Reviews designs or ideas from designers or drafters for integrity and correctness.
5. Writes bills of material.
6. Guides designers on particular project(s) and analysis.
7. Makes layouts and detailed drawings utilizing the current Engineering CAD software.
8. Considers cost, manufacturability, salability, and serviceability in the designs.
9. Coordinates with Supplier Management in sourcing vendors for purchased parts including design and quality issues.
10. Organizes the design portion of projects, creates short-term schedules, and prioritizes work on systems or components.
11. Reviews drawings, designs, machining and welding processes with Manufacturing Engineering; ensures cost effective and manufacturable parts.
12. Participates in Project meetings with teams from all departments.
13. Resolves problems with production parts or processes.
14. Performs assembly of prototypes or getting parts completed or delivered for assembly.
15. Writes test requests and specifies test methods.
16. Applies engineering principles to the design of structures used in frames and accessories of forklift equipment, including parts supporting major components of hydraulic and electrical systems.
17. Implements the design of systems including major components.
18. Participates in Value-up (process improvement and problem-solving) program committees.
19. Designs use of layouts to document development of concepts and to verify fit-up of components.
20. Completion of timely review, analyses and appropriate dispositions of all assigned Suggestions.
21. Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA's highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
Experience designing forklifts or other related heavy industrial equipment, mobile hydraulic equipment and/or associated support systems is a plus.
3D CAD design proficiency required (Pro-E or similar system required, Ideas or NX a plus)
Value analysis experience; demonstrated experience in component and product design. Proficiency with layout design, applied physics and engineering principles, analytical solutions and creative problem solving.
Computer literate with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Good verbal and written communications skills required along with a demonstrated teamwork attitude.
UniCarriers Americas Corporation (UCA) has been proudly producing material handling equipment in its expanded facility since the 1980's. Our employees are dedicated to ensuring a superior customer experience, which has earned UniCarriers Americas its solid reputation as a quality leader in the material handling industry. UniCarriers employs over 4,400 employees world-wide.
UCA offers itsí employees and their families a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Benefits that are offered to employees and their families include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending /Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Nissan Vehicle Discounts
If your passion is to be part of an innovative organization, valued for your input, experience and potential, then please send us your resume for consideration to be a part of the UniCarriers Americas' team.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.